Sunday, May 2, 2010

Seussical the Musical...

My sister's school put on a play this weekend that we knew Carter HAD to attend. It was all based on Dr. Seuss's books and of course had Horton the elephant! It was the first time in awhile that Carter had been to something like that (he's been to his share of band concerts, graduations and other school functions for his aunt and uncle) but never a play....
In the very beginning of the play Brax and I were sitting in the seats while Carter and Julia were getting popcorn and drinks, when they cam eback in to sit down it was dark. In the middle of a dead silence Carter goes, "I can't see where I'm going, Ju Ju you're going to have to hold my hand." And I'm sure you can guess it was not a quiet voice, everyone was laughing.
Brax absolutely LOVED it! He was such a good boy. In the beginning I was holding him in my lap and he stared at the stage with his mouth wide open and his little heart was racing....once he realized what was going on this is what we got from him....
(Don't mind the missing shoe...I found it tucked under one of the seats)
My sister's friends (and Carter's adopted aunts) were in the play and were so excited to see him afterward....
I really thought Carter would love Horton but he didn't seem as thrilled as I thought....
I have to give my boys credit...Carter was such a little stud hanging out in his seat with his popcorn and water. My mom tried to ask him a question during the show and he said, "Grandma, we have to be quiet." PRECIOUS.
Brax really was such a good boy. He was pretty quiet and really liked watching what was going on. I will admit it went a lot better with my two little guys than I thought it would.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Sounds like you had a night of fun! Yeah I would be a little nervous taking two boys, but I'm glad that they were good. Sounds like it was a cute play.