Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cute Organizing Ideas!

Our house is arranged really well for little kids with a playroom on the main level. Carter loves that he has his own space for his toys, games and just having a good time....and I love that it all pretty much stays in that room!
Well, the other day I was rotating his toys (that way he doesn't get bored as easily) and realized that they weren't organized very well. There were cars, tools, music instruments and balls just thrown EVERYWHERE. (We all know I don't handle this very well) so thanks to my cute mom, here is his new and improved playroom organization!
This shelf is perfect, in each "bin" I put all of his tools in one, all of the cars in another, and so on. This way when we go to play in our make believe band, all of our instruments are together.
I actually bought this adorable shelf a little while ago, but just barely hung it up in the playroom. I actually found this at the DI in Ogden. (I know I'm brave for going there on a Saturday) but sometimes you can find the best deals.
This was a STEAL, though it was just the natural wood finish I walked away with it for $1.50!!!! Funny story though: this shelf is literally in my cart and I'm walking toward the check out counter when a man stood in front of my cart, put his hands on the shelf and asked, "Are you getting this?" Seriously, what was he thinking...it was IN my cart! What more do you have to say? I was polite and said yes thinking he would leave me and my amazing deal alone....silly me! He still had his hands on the shelf and made sure that I was positive I was getting it. Once we were very clear that it was MY shelf, Carter and I cruised to the checkout counter and left.
Though I literally had to "fight" someone for this shelf, I'm so glad I found it. Nothing like a little paint, two nails and some matchbox cars to make any little boys' dream come true!

3 comments:

juju said...

you are such a freaking clean freak how are we related

Andrea said...

YAY I am glad to finally see a pic of the "infamous" car shelf. I have to say though...despite the "fight" for it, I am glad you didn't give in, it is stinkin cute. You always make the coolest things Christie. LOVE IT

Azure said...

That story is too funny!!! Some people have a lot of nerve. It's a really cute shelf!!