Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Little Jar of HEAVEN!!!!!

This may look like your normal, everyday jar of salsa.....well around the Morris House this is called HEAVEN!!!!
My mother-in-law, Margaret, makes the BEST salsa in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!! Scott and I go through one jar in a few days between the two of us! It takes her all day to make one batch of this "precious" stuff.
We decided to let Carter in on the "sacred" act of tasting his Grandma's salsa....I'm a little sad to say that he LOVED IT!!!!! Now Scott and I have three people who LOVE the stuff! Scott was working late today, so Carter and I had chicken fingers and scrambled eggs with Grandma's salsa! (As long as Scott's not home...I only have Carter to share with)
Apparently, no one taught this kid anything about Portion Control!


11 comments:

Jackie said...

My mom does her own salsa to stock up for winter. Homemade salsa is so good!!

Benoit's said...

I must agree about Margaret's salsa because I have had some. If you ever want to share, you know who to call.

Kiera said...

I love Margarets salsa. I just wish she would share the wealth to the Whetton family.

Kaylee said...

Carter is so adorable! I also say margaret has great salsa!

Andrea said...

ARE you TRYING to make our Iowa Morris's extremely jealous or what! Geez Christie--thanks for reminding me what we are missing out on right now.

Ok I'll forgive you, but STEVE won't-- since I will be there in less than one month to devour a whole jar myself.

Ashley and Devan said...

Yummy! I want to learn to make it! Homemade salsa is the best!

Crystal said...

Your blog is so cute! Now I get to stalk you..hehe.

Azure said...

Christie, you are freaking amazing. All of the stuff that you do with Carter is so neat!! I know I have said it before, but I wish that I was more like you. You are such a fun mom. I'm so boring!!!

Azure said...

By the way, I like the new blog. Very cute!!

Jessica said...

That looks so good! I would love to make homemade salsa. Does Scott's grandma share her amazing recipe? Carter is looking so grown up! He is so cute!

juju said...

so your share with your kid but not with your favorite sister ever wtf woman jk and portion control is over rated i tought him well eh