Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Luau-Inspired Birthday Party!

My stepdad and brother have the same birthday, September 4th. So we decided to celebrate their birthdays yesterday because everyone had the day off!
I totally stole this idea from my cute sister-in-law and it's a GREAT idea! She actually did this same "beach scene" on cupcakes, but I decided to be quick and just do one big cake pan!
Check out the bears, lounging in the water! It really is a great, fun thing to do. I can't even tell you how much fun I was having! All you need is: Teddy Grahams, Icing, Lifesavers and cake! (The laying down bear is on a stick of gum!)
Later we went to Thanksgiving Point for an Authentic Luau! I have never been there and can I just tell you how beautiful it is? Here's a cute fam pic of all of us! (It was very chilly, so our original Hawaiian attire got traded in for our Winter outfits!)
You probably can't tell, but my mom and sister took Carter on stage and danced the "huki-lau" I've forced my mom and sister to do this same dance a time or two when I was coordinating the Rumbi openings, so now she thinks a PRO!

We had such a great time, although it was cold and a little too windy for my comfort. Carter LOVED the waterfall and walking EVERYWHERE, and overall it was just nice to relax, be outside and have Scott and I get a little time to eat and chat while my family took Carter places.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

You guys are always out having fun. I need to be more motivated to get out of the house! LOVE your cake!!!

Jessica said...

That is an adorable cake! I'm going to have to try that sometime. Isn't it funny that anywhere you take kids they just want to go everywhere! It's a workout sometimes!

Ashley and Devan said...

Yay I'm glad it was fun! The cake looks darling!

Andrea said...

SWEET cake Christie! Sounds like your sis-in-law is pretty awesome!! HAHA j/k. I never thought of making a cake--it turned out really cool. What did you use to make the "sand" with??? I can't believe you guys are actually sporting winter attire--NUTS! Its still hot and humid here. ugh. Miss You

Kiera said...

What a fun idea for a party. I had no idea they had that down at Thanksgiving Point. Bryan and Sarah moved and are actually living just north of there. We were there yesterday helping them get the house somewhat put together.

Mrs. Gonter said...

Very cute cake! loveee it. k so question, since you people are already wearing your "winter" attire, does that mean that us tucsonians will freeze our booties off? ohh man! haha. This will be interesting. Time to break out the fur jackets and ugg boots..?? yeahh yeahh? haha

love you

Janae said...

The cake looks great, and it looks like you guys had a great weekend. i can't believe you are wearing "winter" outfits! It is 90 degrees here! i love your new blog too, looks really good. I've been working on a new one of my own, but just keep putting it off. maybe soon though.

Benoit's said...

Looks like you guys had a great party. Thanks for the offer with Peyton. She is doing okay but diaper changing the past two weeks has been pretty rough. The medicine I got to day is only for three days, so we hope this will pass quickly. We are heading to Vegas next week but we should get together after that.