Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blessed, Fortunate and Thankful....We are the Morris'

With Thanksgiving nearing around, I've decided it's time to post about what I'm thankful for. I am one of those people that get caught up in the "everyday" life sometimes and forget how much I really do have. Thanksgiving becomes my chance to remember what we've been given and to hopefully carry out the feeling for a few more months too!
This is a list of things that I am so grateful for in my life (in no particular order)
1. Of course my husband. What would a thankful list be without Scott right? He is truly my best friend and being married to him has made my life so much better! It's been over 7 years now and we have become so close within the last year it's amazing. He is one hard working guy, putting in on average about 60 hours every week and still managing to come home and be a fun dad to Carter. He has made me realize how much being a wife means and how much I am loved by one person. I am so fortunate to be able to be a stay-at-home mom soon and it's all because of him!

2. The next one I'm sure you can guess....my other little man, Carter. He was one of those unexpected surprise babies and has turned out to be the one thing both Scott and I thank God for everyday. I am so grateful for his easy-goingness! We take him everywhere: dinner, mall, shopping, friend's houses, and he is so good everywhere! He is such a happy little guy with the personality of a 10 year old already! My life has changed so much becoming mom and I'm so grateful to Carter for doing that to me. He has allowed me to realize what life is really about....family.


3. I am also thankful for our home and finances. We have a great home that will allow us to grow and change in for many years to come. We are so fortunate to have a playroom, a huge kitchen and a great master closet now and a decent sized lving room to be a family in. We have put so much time, effort and money into the house that it's now ours and really represents who we are and what we value. We also have a great financial future right now, mainly because of Scott's hours he works and my "amazing" ability to stretch a dollar. So we can honestly say that we don't live paycheck to paycheck anymore. (at our age I have to say we are a little proud of our hard work and dedication to our budget)


4. I am so grateful that I now have three complete families that mean so much to me. My mom, stepdad, brother and sister have been so much fun to grow up with and man have we shared some moments to remember! Growing up in the military really makes you come closer as a family. My dad, stepmom, and two sisters have really been an inspiration to me. Though I didn't share my everyday life with them, I am so close to all of them and consider myself lucky to have two sets of parents. My in-laws are seriously the best in the world! I couldn't have asked for a more fun, caring, example setters and genuine people to become part of a family with! With three families, we get a little spoiled! :) I love and admire every single one of you!

5. I love my friends. I don't have that many (only two that have known me since my high school days) but the friends I do have are amazing. I'm not great at calling people back or keeping "dates" but for some reason they remain my friends! I am so lucky to have so many people that I can enjoy hanging out with, in both good times and bad.

6. Ironically I'm very thankful for the trials I've had in my life. I didn't have your typical childhood, but now that I'm a mom, I am so grateful. The problems I had to overcome in my younger years have really made me who I am today and I am so glad! I am stronger, more mature and genuine because of my upbringing.

7. I am grateful that I'm a young mom. As much as I didn't want to become a mom at barely 21, I really am looking forward to being one of the younger ones at daycare. I can't wait to be one of the young fun moms with teenagers in the house! I am so glad that I will be just turning 39 when Carter graduates high school, hopefully I can be a cool mom! (probably not though!)

I am so blessed, a little spoiled and very lucky to have everything that I do (especially at my age!) I am so glad that Scott and I can give Carter a bright future and lots of fun memories.

What are you thankful for? Have a great Thanksgiving this week!

3 comments:

The Benoits said...

Christie...your family is so cute. I have actually been following your blog for a while (it is linked to Preston and Megan's) I love your style, it is so fun. I am really glad you found our blog, I am still kind of new to the whole blogging thing, but I am loving it!!

Andrea said...

Hey girl! Love the Thankful post. I especially liked that pic of you when you were little. So cute.
It makes me kind of sad to think that it was a year ago this very week that we had your little famiy here in Iowa, and now look how big our boys have grown.

Jackie said...

What a great post! I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving! I need to be more thankful for the things, and people in my life as well.