Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Playing Hookie!

So I will admit that I'm really not feeling "that" sick...but after all three of us throwing up, feeling tired and just not having energy to clean...my house is a disaster!
I have about 12 loads of "throw up" laundry to do, cleaning in every room and about three dishwasher loads of dishes! So I decided to stay home today and take care of business. Carter's at daycare and Scott's at work so I have the entire day to get going!
My first stop was to get a new rug for our living room. (In case anyone is the the shopping mood: Shopko is having a "Buy One get One" sale) I got these two rugs for the price of one and they look amazing!
I love my hardwood floors but in the winter time it's so hard to have a hard (sometimes cold) surface to walk on when you're relaxing. These are definitely going to come in handy!
I feel like such a good mom/wife right now (which is usually not the case) because I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner and I'm currently baking some cookies so we can frost them tonight. My family better enjoy it because I don't cook, let alone bake, a ton around here.
I hope everyone is having a great day and getting lots accomplished!

2 comments:

Azure said...

You ARE an awesome mom and wife!!! You do more on a bad day than I do on a good day. You are an inspiration, Christie!! I love the rugs and that ottoman is awesome!!

Jackie said...

Wow, Christie! I am a major bum!! Look at all the cute/productive stuff you do with your day off...I have everyday off and usually end up watching tv and chasing Rylan around. You are such a fun mom/wife!