Tuesday, November 4, 2008

House Update....Memories

Today Scott and I came to the decision to stay in our home. We have had mixed feelings about putting our house on the market from day one, and just decided that we want to stay an enjoy our home for another couple years before moving again.
We are so attached to this house, Carter grew up here since he was 6 weeks old and it's our very first home! We have done so much work to this house and right now are excited to just simply enjoy it! Though listing a home is definitely NOT as much work as I thought...knowing what our future is going to consist of is a comforting feeling!
Today's market definitely is the perfect market to buy a home...but right now the thought of decorating, painting and organizing another home makes me sick! On a very positive note: staying here will allow us the much needed flexibility in our budget when I do quit next month!
I came across these old photos of our home before we bought it and thought you guys would like to see......

We really have put so much time, effort, money and thought into making this house our home and it's going to be a nice change for us to just sit back and enjoy it now!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Well...you sound like you are happy about the decision you guys came to. I think staying is a great decision considering you will be on one income soon. It will be good to have some time to adjust. I think your house looks great, and I love all you've done to it! Perhaps if John and I had a bigger home we wouldn't have to be moving...but we need more room to have more children.
Just to let you know though, once I get my new home you'll have to help me with decorating ideas...so don't think you're off the hook completely! ha ha!

Andrea said...

I love your house, and am so glad that you are staying...at least for now. I was so sad to think that we wouldn't ever be able to go inside it ever again. I love what you guys have done with it.

PS: email me your new family pics and I'll make you a new header if you still want one.

Jessica said...

You have done such cute things to your house! You're so good at that stuff. I know what you mean about just enjoying your house for awhile. Nate and I thought we would sell our house pretty quick after we moved in but the thought makes me exhausted. It was so much work building our house. I just want to enjoy it and relax!