Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Scott Tyler Morris!

My cute husband, Scott, turned 25 today! I wanted to do something a little "untradtional" for his birthday today. I am going to announce 25 things about his that you may or may not know about him!

1. He is the best dad, he has an unsurpassed amount of patience with Carter. He is so much fun with him and you can tell Carter just loves spending time with him. Every morning Carter and I get up for the day while Scott's already at work and our little guy cries for his dad! (That's right every stinkin' day!) This is Scott as a brand new dad.... 2. He loves Mtn. Dew! This guy can consume an obsene amount of this stuff! Because he goes to the gas station on a regualr basis, Carter has now been introduced into the wonderful world of gas station drinks. Carter walks in all by himself and picks out which flavor of Bug Juice he wants, then he puts it up on the counter to buy and says "thanks" to the clerk before leaving!

3. He is a great mechanic. He doesn't love to work on cars, but has saved us so much money over the years. my entire family and his have really benefited from his "skills."

4. He was a HUGE baby when he was born! My poor mother-in-law carried this kid who was over 9 pounds at birth!!!! When they went home from the hospital, people thought he was 3 months old! Here is a sweet pic of Scotty as a little one....

5. He has shared his love of CARS with our son! Carter's first word (other than mama and dada) was "Car!" He loves them and loves to go in the garage with Scott to "work on engines." it's really funny to see them both out there together, Carter has a blast and I really think Scott enjoys having someone out there who has a good time too.
6. Scott will sing Christmas songs all year long! That's right, in the middle of the summer you will hear him humming Jingle Bells!
7. Scott may not hang out with a lot of friends anymore (marriage and kids seem to do that) but he really has a great group of friends that he's had since preschool! I know how much that has meant to Scott and I am so glad that we can pass that onto Carter. Here's Scotty in his Power Wheel his mom won for him.

8. Scott absolutely LOVES motorcycles! Not the new ones (even though he's been through a few of those too) but the old ones! Right now he owns about 3 and loves everything about them! This is Scott's first real motorcycle ride! (Notice the socks and sandals!!)

9. Hunting is such a big part of Scott's life and memories with his dad and older brother. He loves all kids of hunting and "catches" something just about everytime! He has such fond memories of his dad, brother and dogs out hunting and just hopes one day he can share that experience with Carter. (I'm not sure I'm ready for that though.)
10. Scott doesn't let things affect him. When people do weird things, instead of dweeling over it and wondering why (like I do everyday) he just let's it go. This is why he's so easy-going.
11. Though many think he's shy (because in big crowds he is) he really is such a fun and sensitive guy. He's the guy that always says, "I don't care what other people think." But deep down he really does and cares so much about others. When we first started dating, I was having a really hard time in high school and he was the only one who would actually listen to me and try to make things better. (That is the first thing that made me fall in love with him!)

12. Scott doesn't ever plan ahead with anything! And I do mean nothing guys! Our wedding was a stressful thing for me to plan (mostly because I'm a control freak and had to have everything a certain way) but Scott didn't sweat at all and everything worked out great for him! Though I have to say, that was the best day and everything did go smoothly, it took months of sweat, stress and pain to get me ready while Scott simply showed up with no worries! Funny guy!

13. One thing I do have to commend him on is stepping up to the plate! We were really thrown a lot at us in 2006 with becoming new parents, getting married, graduating college and buying a home. We handled it in different ways and I have to say I have not once seen Scott "step up" like he has recently! We are now on the same page and both working towards the same goals for our little family. 14. He can sleep like there's no tomorrow! And I'm not exaggerating even a little! He went to sleep once at 6:00 one Friday evening and didn't wake up (other than an occasional pee run) until Sunday at 3:00 in the afternoon! Though he would love to sleep like that now, Carter makes it all but impossible. And he does manage to get up every morning at 3am to get work by 4am.

15. He can handle the cold weather so well. He doesn't really even wear a jacket until there's at least a foot of snow on the ground! Then there's me and Carter bundled in our snow suits! Love it.

16. He is very organized with finances. As much as I can stretch our money better, he is definitely more organized about what's paid and what's not. And the boy can do math like it's no one's business.


17. He loves his family. He would , and does, do anything for them. He would drop whatever he was doing to help out with anything that his family members needed. Like on Halloween this year, he was willing to "forego" some of our little family's fun because his little brother's car needed some work done.


18. He loves to sleep with Carter. Whether it's snuggling in Carter's twin bed or in our bed at night, Scott would much rather have Carter as a bed-buddie that me!


19. Scott loves Spumoni ice cream! He's such an easy guy to please, buy a pint of that and call it good! If only I was that easy to please right?


20. He is a very easy-going guy. He'll wear whatever I buy (as long as it fits) and not even think twice. I love that quality about him! I never worry that he's going to take longer to get ready than me.


21. He absolutely, 100 percent adores his dad! He would love nothing more than some time with his dad doing things that they like. All Tom has to do is tell Scott that he's proud of him and Scott would be on cloud nine!


22. He is so proud of both of his brothers. He is really close with Steve in age so they just grew up a little closer. Now that Steve is in Medical School, Scott really sees how much his brother does and has to sacrifice to do what he wanted to. It's a great example to Scott. And now that it's just Kyle and Scott in Utah, they have really become close and done more and more things together. He loves both of them very much and admires them in their own ways.

23. He is so tall, I never lose him in a crowd!


24. He has dark hair and blue eyes...perfect combination


25. He has a contageous laugh! When he laughs you can't help but to smile and laugh along with him!

Happy Birthday baby...Carter and I love you very much!

1 comment:

Mrs. Gonter said...

That is a very cute idea! Did Scott have a good birthday?

yeah I know i'm finally on here hahah I haven't had time for much lately. It sucks because I am still reading breaking dawn. jeez! haha I need to finish before we see the movie. Which I have been waiting ohh soo patiently to see. All my friends have seen it, except me! hahaha I can't wait to see everybody! i'm gonna freeze my butt off in all that snow! ahhh! haha I love you!!!!!!!