Friday, October 31, 2008

First Ever Trunk or Treat!

Last night was a very special night for both Carter and myself....we experienced our first "Trunk or Treat." I know you may htink I'm way old for my first Trunk or Treat but we've never been anywhere that did this before. And I have to admit...I'm now all about them!


This year Carter was a Gorilla....the cutest part....HIS BUM!

At first Carter had no idea what was going on...by the end of the night he would walk up to the trunks say, "Want one" and then grab a pice of candy before saying, "Ba-Bye" So funy!

Scott was trying to make sure Carter didn't miss a single trunk....well I'm sorry to say he disappointed his dad and went in his own pattern.

Carter loved it! It was so much fun and we were able to go with a lady that I work with (she actually related to the Morris' FUNNY!) and her family is awesome!


After the event we went home and hung out for a little bit. Scott has been so amazed lately at how much Carter is growing up and becoming his own little person. It's so much fun to see the two of them bond. There has not been one day lately that Scott doesn't tell me how much he loves our little guy and is becoming so proud of him!

I am speechless most of the time when it comes to Carter. I get to see him do things that Scott misses out on because he's working so many hours, but this little boy definitely is making our lives happier and more complete than we could have ever imagined.

I have to say, we're going to make this a tradition in the Morris household and I think we'll go with Karen every year too!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

YAY! I have been waiting to see the "first trunk-or-treat" pics post! I am so glad Carter loved it. He is such the cute little gorilla dude. I just love that little nephew of mine.

Jackie said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time...I love the bum on the gorilla!! Carter looked way cute!!
Having a child is the best thing on earth, and it just amazes you how fast they grow and become more and more independent!!

Azure said...

This was the first year that I have ever been to trunk or treat as well. It's definitely not the same at the real thing, but definitely goes by faster. Cute pictures of Carter. I love his costume!!

juju said...

um no your coming to ours next year like it or not(you can go with karen to but weather you like it or not carter with or without you is coming to ours love ya no offence karren)