Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Big News!

Scott and I made the bitter-sweet decision last week to put our house on the market. Let me tell you how this all began....
One night I was bored and went on the MLS looking at homes for fun. I happen to stumble across this home that had everything we've wanted and was in our budget. Well, I happen to know the owner (we worked in the corporate office for Rumbi Island Grill for almost 2 years together) which I thought was a funny coincidence. There was an offer in on it at the time I called, so I just wrote it off and didn't look back.
We looked at three other homes and really didn't like any of them, then Scott and I decided that we probably wouldn't worry about moving any time soon then. Well, out of the blue the owner of the home I really liked called me, the offer fell through and he was willing to reduce the price even more for me.
Needless to say, Scott and I ran over the house to check it out and fell in love with it! It's everything we want and then some! We're just hoping everything will go through accordingly....
We have our house priced at $169,900 in hopes that it will sell quickly (It appraises for much more than that) so if anyone knows of someone who wants to buy a home.....we have one for sale!
Just in case we have over 2,100 square feet with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a 4 car garage! If you know of anyone....let me know!
It's a fun exprience to put your house on the market and look for something else, but it's also sad to see the for sale sign up in our front lawn. We've done so much to our home and really have fallen love with it, but it's the best time to "move up" in today's market so we're taking our chances!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I just got off the phone with you and while you were telling me the story, I about asked you if you had blogged about selling your home yet....funny because you already had!! I think it's a great idea to sale and buy right now, especially if you found a house you love! I hope things work out for you guys and soon! Talk to ya later!

Jessica said...

That is so exciting! I hope everything works out for you guys. What a great opportunity!

Andrea said...

YAY YAY YAY!! Very exciting Christie. Sad to think though that this past week was the last time I would ever be in your cute Washington Terrace home. I hope all goes well, and good luck with keeping a spotless house for unexpected "drop ins" Love Ya

Ashley and Devan said...

How exciting!! Yay for you guys. I love your little house though.. if only we were in the position to buy it. I'm sure it will sell easily though, you have it decorated so cute!