Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cars, Cars and MORE Cars......"CAR"TER'S 2nd Birthday Party!

Today was Carter's Second Birthday Party! Seriously, it was so much fun and went so well, I'm really impressed. Although our cute was really "struggling" with the fact that he had to share his toys with the other kids, I think everyone really did have a great time!
We had a "mini" craft time today so that the kids could take something home with them from the party. (Funny story: the children invited were all BOYS!) So it all worked out really well!
We made some license plates and sippy cups....though it was supposed really easy for the boys...the moms ended up making them!


My mom has made me a freak for "themed" parties....and boy do the two of us go all out! Even the serving dishes were cars!This one is funny: it's cousin Hunter (pushing) and "daycare" Hunter (driving) these two Hunters played really well with eachother. (Maybe because Carter was being so weird)
This was all my mom.....
Carter is seriously a spoiled little boy! He has no idea just how good he has it!
This was his idea of how he wanted to "play" with the dump truck...
Every little boy got to go home with a Cars bucket full of "cars" goodies!
This is one of my favorite things about his birthday...the CAKE! My mom made this cake and man was it a hit!Need I say more?
It was so much fun...and the best part was that we got everything done last night so this morning I could enjoy just playing with Carter.....thank goodness too because he was so crazy at the party! We had a total of 17 adults and 5 kids sqished in my home today....but despite the noise level and kids fighting over toys....it was the best party yet!
Scott and I were talking about the party once everyone left and Carter was napping....he said the nicest thing to me. He knows how much I plan ahead, organize and really get done so that everyone can have a good time....well he said, "You did a great job babe! This was such a great party and I know everyone had such a great time. And Carter's lucky to have a mom who will do so much for him." (I just had to share because it was what I needed to hear after everything was said and done for the party)



4 comments:

Jackie said...

Carter's party was so cute!! I loved every little thing that was related to "cars". And I can't believe your mom made that cake, it was sooo cute! You did a great job, and I'm glad that Scott acknowledged that, it always makes ya feel better when you're told you did an awesome job! Thanks for inviting us, and I'm glad everything went well!

Azure said...

That looks like it was so much fun!!! Logan is obsessed with Cars as well. We pretty much have everything Cars that you can imagine. Way to go on the party!!

juju said...

that was so much fun and carter was so much fun he was so cute i'm glad carter liked his gift

i'm still mad at mom and dad for out doing me stupid adults ;-)

juju said...

this comment is from mom he is so cute he's IRASISTABLE and its not even fun that was fun to see everybody at the party