Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch and Carving!

A couple days ago we took Carter to my favorite little Farm....Day Farms in Syracuse. This is such a cute place with a huge selection of items to choose from and it's smaller so it's very easy to get what you want...
My family came with us...so Scott and I were able to get a family picture.
I just had to include this pic....what the heck are these things?
They have fruit and other veggies there too...Carter found a peach and bit right in!
Tonight Scott and I shared the "pumpkin carving experience" with Carter! Though neither Scott or myself is great at carving, to say the least, I think we got one cute one out of the three....
I'm sad to say, this is Scott's pumpkin! We had a Mini-Pumpkin Carving Contest of our own...and Scott definitely won!
Here's Carter....not really sure what we're going to do to the pumpkins...but was "game" for anything!
While Carter took his nap today, I gutted the pumpkins and separated the seeds, hopefully they toast up well and we can enjoy them tomorrow!

2 comments:

Azure said...

That pumpkin does look pretty good!! I haven't carved a pumpkin for years, but it's definitely fun. And more fun to share the experience with you little man!! PS, I can't believe you are really selling your house. After all the work I have seen you put into it via your blog. That's fun though. I hope that everything works out for you with that!!

Jackie said...

What a fun time! I was telling John that we should take Rylan to a pumpkin patch, the pictures you took are way cute!