Saturday, October 4, 2008

Growing Up....Or Not Quite Yet....

This week, Clinton City had an open house for their new Fire Station....of course we HAD to attend. My mom teaches at West Clinton Elementary, so she gets all the "news" for Davis County for us.
Sparky the Fire Dog was there, and most kids ran away screaming from him when he tried to wave hello...this is what my kid did.....(he looks like he'd trying to get away but he's really trying to get Sparky to pick him up) This little boy followed that dog around all night!
Here's a cute one of Carter babe and his mommy! (Usually I'm the "picture taker" so it's nice to have one of me actually in the picture.) It was such a fun day and there was so much to do and explore....way to go on the planning mom!
Last night Scott and I were both tired from our day of working and parenting so we decided to watch a movie, pop some popcorn and just relax with Carter. First though, we tried out something new....Carter "Flinstoned" his little car down our street. He's always in this car inside, but we've never taken it outside before....this was a real treat for him. (it was also funny to watch his little feet cruising along the sidewalk)
I just have to announce that little boy has seriously BLOSSOMED over the last three days. He can say so many more words, he's starting to put adjectives with his nouns to describe things he wants, and he COPIES everything we say! (Yep, we now have to really watch what we say around this little boy)
As much as Carter has grown and is maturing into a smart little boy.....this is his latest fetish.....the baby exersaucer! Carter say this in the laundry room, and usually just plays with the toys around the tray...but this is what he LOVES to do now!
Silly boy!

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I can't believe he still plays in his exersaucer. Though I bet if Hunter was out he would too. Will you tell me next time you hear of a fun event (like the fire station)? I alaways miss stuff like that but know Hunter would have loved it. You guys always do the funnest stuff.
I am so proud of Carter for starting to talk so much. Isn't it fun! The other day we were driving though the carwash and my carwash code wouldn't work. I was mad because I had to go inside the gas station and I kept saying "stupid carwash!" I had to take Hunter in with me since we were alone and as soon as we walked up to the lady at the register Hunter yelled "Stupid Carwash!" So yes, watch everything you say. I guess it could have been much worse though..Lol!
We can't wait to see you on Saturday!

juju said...

that was so much fun he's so cute its not even funny i love that little OH NO WAIT big guy so much he's so freaking cute